- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion- chopped
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2-2.5 cups chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 medium tomatoes- seeded and chopped
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Cook until veggies are tender.
- Add broth, lentils, and rice. Heat until boiling. Cover, reduce heat and cook for ~40 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and parsley.