Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pizza the Healthier Way

I've been doing a great job this week- eating healthy foods, and exercising. But, I've had major pizza cravings. A single slice just wasn't going to cut it, and it had to be covered in delicious melted cheese. So, before I snuck out to eat an entire meat lovers pizza, I decided to make my own. It turned out delicious, much healthier than the alternative, and I ate a quarter of the pizza for under 400 calories. Awesome!

The crust. 100% whole wheat and super tasty!
I'm too lazy to make my own pizza crust. So, here's my favorite store bought crust: Mama Mary's (I am in no way affiliated with them...but, I wish I was). It's delicious, 100% whole wheat, low in calories, and it comes out wonderfully thin and crispy. It's pretty darn big, and only 540 calories for the whole shebang (yes, I realize that's a lot...but, it's so worth it).

The final product. Delicious!

Ingredients
Pizza Crust
1/4 cup pesto
1 cup shredded parmesan (or asiago)
1 cup chicken (chopped)
1/2 red bell pepper (sliced)
8oz sliced mushrooms


Directions

  1. Brush crust with pesto
  2. Add sliced mushrooms and sliced bell pepper
  3. Top with chicken
  4. Sprinkle evenly with cheese
  5. Bake at 425 degrees for ~8 minutes
  6. Enjoy (guilt free)!
There you have it. Healthier pizza. It satisfied my cravings, didn't put me over my calorie limit, and snuck in some more veggies. Perfect! Although next time I think I would throw some spinach on it.

What are your favorite diet friendly comfort foods?


No comments:

Post a Comment