Monday, September 24, 2012

Friend Makin' Monday: Fall Favorites



Happy Monday Everyone! On Monday Kenlie over at All the Weigh hosts Friend Makin' Monday. How does it work? She posts questions on her blog. You answer them on your own blog, and then post a link at on All the Weigh. So, here are my answers. If you want to participate answer these questions on your own blog, and post the link in the comments of Kenlie's blog.



Fall Favorites


1. What is your favorite thing about this time of year?  Pumpkin! All things pumpkin- pumpkin cranberry bread, pumpkin pie, jack-o'-lanterns, pumpkin oatmeal...you get the idea. I also love watching the leaves change color.
2. What do you hope to do again before Summer is officially over?  The winter weather arrived here this week, no snow yet, but I'd say summer is long gone. I'm hoping I'll get a couple more months of outdoor tennis, and hopefully one last kayak trip before it snows.
3. When did you last go on a hay ride?  I can't even remember, but I must have been about 7 years old. I guess it's time to do it again.
4. What is your favorite pumpkin dish?  Pumpkin cranberry bread. Delicious!
5. Do you decorate your home for fall?  Nope. I don't really decorate for anything. I've got a small apartment, and I'm not home much anyway.
6. Do you have any hobbies that are seasonally specific? If so, what are they? Not really. I swim and play tennis outside when I can. But, those activities both move indoors when it's cold.
 7. Apple cider or hot chocolate? Definitely hot chocolate. I especially love peppermint hot chocolate.
8. Are you a fan of football?  If so, who is your team?  Not really. I'm a social football fan- I only watch with friends who are fans. I like college football more than the pros- gotta love the Ducks.
9. Share a fond Fall memory.  As a little kid nothing was better than jumping in the piles of raked leaves with my sister. In retrospect, I can't help but think of my poor dad who did all this hard work raking leaves into neat piles only to have them scattered all over the lawn again. What a good sport.
10. It’s not Fall until…I put away all my summer clothes and pull out my nice cozy sweaters.

5 comments:

  1. Pumpkin cranberry bread sounds delicious! Have you posted a recipe?

    Sabrina, stopping by from FMM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, but I'll get it posted this fall. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I couldn't imagine it being winter-like yet. It's still in the 90s here! Also, totally agree about pumpkin. Definitely my favorite food time of year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Sabrina, bring on the pumpkin cranberry bread recipe.

    Here through FMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright, keep visiting. I'll get the recipe up soon.

      Delete