Saturday, July 14, 2012

Week 2 Weigh In

Prevent Yo-Yo Dieting by o5com, on Flickr  

Previous Week's Weight =174.8 lbs
Today's Weight = 173 lbs
Lost This Week= 1.8 lbs
Total Lost = 7lbs

Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License


Yes! I totally stayed on track this week, and lost 1.8 lbs. I couldn't be happier. I dutifully logged my calorie intake and exercise all week. I stayed under 2,000 calories a day, and got in 5 days of good exercise this week (3 tennis matches, 1 zumba class, and 1 ballet class).

I've really been trying to figure out how to drop the weight by making healthy changes that I can keep up for life (so the weight doesn't creep back on). I think I'm doing OK with this. I'm doing exercise I really enjoy, and not denying myself an occasional treat (perhaps more than occasional). This week's junk food indulgences included a trip to dairy queen, a doughnut, Buffalo wild wings, and a bit more chocolate than planned (dark chocolate...it could have been worse). I did watch my portions on these, ate less than I would have a few weeks ago, and logged the calories consumed. I didn't feel deprived, and I think I can keep at it like this forever...we'll see.

Now I'm headed into week 3. I think some of the novelty and the excitement from my initial success is wearing off, but I'm hoping I can stay on track. What are your best tips for keeping motivated?

No comments:

Post a Comment