Saturday, July 21, 2012

Week 3 Weigh In


Prevent Yo-Yo Dieting by o5com, on Flickr

Previous Week's Weight =173 lbs
Today's Weight = 172.6 lbs
Lost This Week= 0.4 lbs
Total Lost = 7.4 lbs

Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License


I lost 0.4 lbs this week. Not a lot, but it's going in the right direction, so I'm happy. After losing 7 pounds in 2 weeks I was expecting my weight loss to slow down a bit. I got in 5 solid workout this week: 2 ballet classes, 2 tennis matches, and a swim.

As far as diet goes, I've been working hard to get 5 servings of fruits and veggies every day. I've been doing well with this, and I already notice the difference in how I feel. I have more energy, and just feel generally better, despite the fact that the rest of my diet isn't perfect. My only problem is that I find myself thinking about food frequently. I have been counting calories and getting ~2,000 calories a day, so I think I'm getting plenty to eat. But, I spend so much time thinking about eating. I'm hoping this will go away as I get used to my new eating habits and settle into a routing. Has this happened to you? Any tips?

1 comment:

  1. I know it's not a lot but at least it is a loss! When I lost weight I didn't eat quite that many calories - probably about 1,500 or so. Remember that as your body weight drops so does your calorie requirement so maybe a small adjustment would be in line. Don't go too low though!

    ReplyDelete